Malaysia Opens Final LSS6 Bidding Window For Standalone Solar Package

Package 3’s bidding window closes August 28, marking the final stage of Malaysia’s LSS6 solar program.

PLN Advances Plan To Cut Business Entities From 44 To 23

PLN’s entity reduction plan ties into broader efforts to simplify decision-making across major Indonesian SOEs.

Meralco Cuts August Rate By PHP0.0428 Per KWH On ERC-Ordered Refund

Meralco’s August rate falls to P14.7833 per kWh as an ERC-ordered refund offsets rising pass-through charges.

DOE Seeks ‘Tougher’ Stance In Energy Governance To Protect Consumers

The department is pressing generation companies to comply with reporting rules as part of efforts to strengthen energy sector governance.
SEND TO: pressreleases@pageonemedia.ph

New Patrol Cars, Equipment Boost Antique Police Capabilities

Pinalakas ng Antique Police Provincial Office ang kakayahan ng ilang MPS matapos tumanggap ng 12 bagong patrol cars at 19 IT equipment.

New Patrol Cars, Equipment Boost Antique Police Capabilities

2,509
2,509

How do you feel about this story?

Express Your Reaction
Like
Love
Haha
Wow
Sad
Angry

Select municipal police stations (MPS) under the Antique Police Provincial Office (APPO) are recipients of 12 new patrol carso and 19 Informed Technology (IT) equipment.

The assets were turned over to identified MPS in a ceremony at the provincial headquarters in San Jose de Buenavista on Tuesday.

The recipients included MPS of Barbaza, Bugasong, Belison, Caluya, Hamtic, Patnongon, Sebaste, Sibalom, Tibiao, Tobias Fornier, Valderrama and Libertad.

APPO Director Col. Lea Rose Peña said the new patrol cars and computers were from the Philippine National Police (PNP) national headquarters, which are expected to beef up the anti-criminality campaign in the province.

She added that it is timely since last year she already requested new patrol cars from their regional headquarters, especially since most MPS in Antique have old patrol cars.

Another two patrol cars will be released to APPO next week.

Binirayan Festival opens

Meanwhile, Peña said that the Binirayan Festival’s opening activities on Monday was peaceful and orderly with no reports of any untoward incidents.

The grand opening started with the reenactment of the arrival and establishment of the first barangay in Malandog, Hamtic, by the Bornean datus, followed by the lighting of the first Malayan Settlement Torch and a torch parade from Barangay Malandog in Hamtic to Evelio B. Javier Freedom Park in San Jose de Buenavista.

Antique Rep. Antonio Agapito Legarda, in his message read by his Political Affairs Officer Marie Payne, said that the festival is an important historic event that reminds the people of who they are, what they are and why they should be proud as Antiqueños.

“Ang pagdating ng ating mga ninuno sa Malandog, Hamtic ay hindi kuwento ng pananakop, kundi kuwento ng paghahanap ng kalayaan at kapayapaan (The arrival of our ancestors in Malandog, Hamtic is not story of invasion, but a story of a search for freedom and peace),” Legarda said.

The highlights of the Binirayan run from Dec. 15-27. (PNA)