Malaysia Opens Final LSS6 Bidding Window For Standalone Solar Package

Package 3’s bidding window closes August 28, marking the final stage of Malaysia’s LSS6 solar program.

PLN Advances Plan To Cut Business Entities From 44 To 23

PLN’s entity reduction plan ties into broader efforts to simplify decision-making across major Indonesian SOEs.

Meralco Cuts August Rate By PHP0.0428 Per KWH On ERC-Ordered Refund

Meralco’s August rate falls to P14.7833 per kWh as an ERC-ordered refund offsets rising pass-through charges.

DOE Seeks ‘Tougher’ Stance In Energy Governance To Protect Consumers

The department is pressing generation companies to comply with reporting rules as part of efforts to strengthen energy sector governance.
SEND TO: pressreleases@pageonemedia.ph

Australian Deputy Prime Minister Pays Courtesy Call On Marcos

Australia's prime minister and President Marcos Jr. had a courtesy meeting, dealing with the alliance of both countries for security and defense.

Australian Deputy Prime Minister Pays Courtesy Call On Marcos

23
23

How do you feel about this story?

Express Your Reaction
Like
Love
Haha
Wow
Sad
Angry

Australia Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense Richard Marles made a courtesy call on President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. at Malacañan Palace on Wednesday.

During the meeting, Marcos and Marles tackled ways to boost the alliance between the Philippines and Australia.

“I truly believe that the future lies in strong alliances and in a united front in promoting again the values that we consider important to our countries,” Marcos said.

He said Marles’ visit “will be an important part of the response” to the recent acts by the Chinese Coast Guard in the West Philippine Sea.

They also discussed “respective positions on various areas of cooperation, particularly in security and defense, and other pressing issues confronting the world today”, according to state-run Radio Television Malacañang (RTVM) on its official Facebook page.

Also present during the meeting between Marcos and Marles were Philippine Defense Officer-in-Charge, Senior Undersecretary Carlito Galvez Jr.; Special Assistant to the President (SAP) Secretary Anton Lagdameo, Executive Secretary Lucas Bersamin and representatives from the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA).

Earlier in the day, Galvez and Marles held a joint press conference at Camp Aguinaldo in Quezon City where the two discussed the possibility of conducting joint patrols in the South China Sea.

“(We are) looking at ways which we can pursue joint patrols together in the South China Sea, and looking at ways in which we can do more exercises together,” Marles said shortly after his meeting with Galvez.

Marles said Australia and the Philippines have a greater strategic alignment than they had at any moment in their respective histories.

“Both countries are allies of the United States, both countries have China as our largest trading partner. Both the Philippines and Australia are completely committed to a global rules-based order,” he added.

Galvez, for his part, said counter-terrorism and maritime security remain the “core pillars” of the two nations’ bilateral defense relations.

“We reaffirm the need to continue working together towards a common goal of maintaining a free, open, and secure Indo-Pacific Region,” he said.

He also reiterated the country’s appreciation to Australia for its consistent support of the 2016 Arbitral Tribunal Award and at the same time its continued support during the Covid-19 pandemic. (PNA)