Malaysia Opens Final LSS6 Bidding Window For Standalone Solar Package

Package 3’s bidding window closes August 28, marking the final stage of Malaysia’s LSS6 solar program.

PLN Advances Plan To Cut Business Entities From 44 To 23

PLN’s entity reduction plan ties into broader efforts to simplify decision-making across major Indonesian SOEs.

Meralco Cuts August Rate By PHP0.0428 Per KWH On ERC-Ordered Refund

Meralco’s August rate falls to P14.7833 per kWh as an ERC-ordered refund offsets rising pass-through charges.

DOE Seeks ‘Tougher’ Stance In Energy Governance To Protect Consumers

The department is pressing generation companies to comply with reporting rules as part of efforts to strengthen energy sector governance.
SEND TO: pressreleases@pageonemedia.ph

DOLE Calls For Antique Establishments Willing To Avail Of BBM Rice

Nanawagan ang DOLE sa Antique sa mga establisyementong nais sumali sa Benteng Bigas Meron Na program ngayong taon para sa kapakanan ng mga manggagawa.

DOLE Calls For Antique Establishments Willing To Avail Of BBM Rice

1,835
1,835

How do you feel about this story?

Express Your Reaction
Like
Love
Haha
Wow
Sad
Angry

The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) is calling for establishments that are interested in availing of the Benteng Bigas Meron (BBM) Na program this year.

DOLE Antique provincial director Ma. Cecilia Acebuque, in an interview on Wednesday, said they may coordinate with their office so their minimum wage workers could avail of the PHP20 per kilo rice.

“We are looking for establishments, especially in the northern part of Antique, that have not yet availed of the program,” she said.

Acebuque said that last year, the 16 establishments with 950 minimum wage workers which availed of the cheap and good quality National Food Authority (NFA) rice were mostly located in San Jose de Buenavista or the southern part of the province.

“Minimum wage workers can buy as much as 10 kilos of BBM rice for their consumption,” Acebuque said.

Meanwhile, Acebuque said they are already accepting requests from the local government units (LGUs) for the Tulong Panghanapbuhay sa Ating Disadvantaged/Displaced Workers (TUPAD) program.

“We have already received a request from San Remigio Mayor Margarito Mission Jr. for the TUPAD,” she said.

Once approved, the workers are expected to help in the construction of a pathway in the upland Barangay Banbanan to Rizal.

The pathway will enable the barangay residents to easily haul their agricultural products to the adjacent barangay.

Last year, the municipality of Laua-an availed of the program where workers helped in the vegetable gardening and establishment of fishponds. (PNA)